Founded in 1905, based in Chicago, the Diamond T Motor Car Company stayed independently in business until 1957, primarily as a truck manufacturer.
A highly experimental model holding 1500 gallons, it is estimated that only six "Doodle Bug" tankers were ever built...maybe.
Actual "Doodle Bugs" were 26 feet long, six feet wide by six feet tall.
The word "doodle bug" has many meanings, with English origins going back to the 1600s. Most pertinently, for the petroleum industry, a "doodle bug" is a mythical dowsing rod of sorts, capable of discovering oil in the ground.
Texaco—1934 Diamond T "Doodle Bug" Tanker Truck Die-cast Collectible Coin Bank Item Details:
- Makes a great stocking stuffer!
- Warehouse find
- Very cool desk decor
- Locking coin bank with key
- Limited Edition
- Limited stock left; ships right away!
- Vintage: manufactured in 1994
- Coin bank is brand new and factory fresh 25+ years on!
- Shopworn box
- Officially licensed
- "Collector's Series" #11
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Custom Texaco graphics
- Die-cast metal body with plastic parts
- Scale: 1/32
- Detailed exterior
- Rubber tires
- Box dimensions: 8-1/4" x 2-1/4" x 2-3/8" (20.96 cm x 5.72 cm x 6.17 cm)
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE:
- This is an "Adult Collectible" item
- Recommended for ages 14 and up
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD—Small parts
- NOT A TOY
- NOT FOR CHILDREN