OK, so the Monkees never played either Fillmore—so what? The band became a band, cut killer tunes and delivered clever lines, and as we all know, they cruised around in a pretty sweet ride, too. The Monkeemobile was one of the most desired custom cars of Sixties television.
Created by car customizer Dean Jeffries, the Monkeemobile began life as a 1966 Pontiac GTO before it was chopped, tweaked, and twisted! Its original design featured a huge 6-71 supercharger fitted to the exposed engine giving the car so much horsepower that the TV cast found it hard to control! Later, this setup was reduced to a mock supercharger mounted over the stock Pontiac engine.
Two Monkeemobiles were constructed — #1 was used on the TV show. #2 was built as a back-up car and stunt car if needed. Its main job would be the show car circuit of the 60s. Life-size stand-ups of all four Monkees traveled with the show car and were displayed along side the car.
What's the Texas connection?
That would be Dallas's own Michael Nesmith, the band's guitarist and one of the finest American songwriters—ever.The Monkeemobile—The Ageless Show's Die-Cast Car Collectible Item Details:
- AS OF JANUARY 2024: very limited supply left!!
- A fantastic piece of desk decor all around!
- Officially licensed
- 1:18 scale replica
- Made of die-cast metal and plastic
- Dimensions: 13-1/4" long x 3" wide x 6-1/4" high (33.66 cm x 7.63 cm x 15.88 cm)
- Red with white top with "Monkees" logo on the doors
- Including all four Monkees figure cutouts for display
- Detailed engine
- Accurate interior and chassis
- Opening doors and hood
- Price includes Standard USA UPS Ground Shipping + insurance
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE:
- This is an "Adult Collectible" item
- Recommended for ages 14 and up
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD—Small pieces
- NOT A TOY
NOT FOR CHILDREN